Volunteers with this program help older adults with computers/digital devices in a classroom setting under the direction of library staff. The program runs over a series of dates.
- 14-18 years of age
- Tech savvy and comfortable with computers
- Good communication skills
- Be reliable, patient and trustworthy
- Experienced or interested in working with older adults/seniors
- Attend training sessions
- Provide assistance to adults learning new computer skills
- Provide positive feedback and encouragement
- Commit to the dates and times listed below
- Earn volunteer hours
- Gain tutoring experience
- Enjoy the benefit of helping someone learn a new skill
Location and Time Commitment
Volunteers are currently needed at the Waterdown Branch every 4th Wednesday of the month from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
All volunteers will be required to attend a training session before they are able tovolunteer for this program.
Please make sure that you are available on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm before applying.
Apply online or download the application form.